Friday, April 27, 2007

ECE


It has been awhile since my last post for a combination of different reasons. One because I haven't had anything that I really felt compelled to post and two, school is coming to an end so all the projects that haven't gotten as much attention as they should have recieved, now need MUCH attention. Yay procrastinating! But by the grace of God, I am managing to get things finished. Then today, as I was attempting to register for my fall classes on the new Northwestern online registering system, I am having problems registering for one of my upper-level art history classes. So I ask my advisor about it and then he gets a look on his face like, "uh-oh". Then he asks me if I have taken the prerequisite class and I said, "Yes." Then he asks me if I have taken the ECE exam. And I look at him like, "What the crap is that?!!?" So I say, "uh...no." Then he says everyone who goes to Northwestern has to take this exam to prove that they are sufficent in the engilsh language (it is a grammar test). It is also not a nationwide or even a statewide exam, it is just something Northwestern decided that they would pile on top students plates. Thanks. Plus, since I am a transfer student and already took my english classes at Crown College, they won't give me the option of not taking the test, whereas if I had gone to Northwestern my entire college career, I would have taken this blasphemous test after my english courses. On top of all that, if I don't pass this thing, I have to go through 8 WEEKS of tutoring and then take the test again. How retarded is that. So now, because of this ECE exam, I cannot register for a core class that I need and if I don't take it this fall, I am screwed. AAAHHHHHHHH!

4 comments:

kristine said...

no better words for this than: that sucks!

Steph said...

yes it does!

Laura Mae said...

I LOVE THE ECE!!!!! Don't worry steph... everyone hates this test!!!! I believe that you can pass.... just go with your gut instinct!!

Anonymous said...

How is it blasphemous again? (
I know I probably spelled that wrong, so whatever) and I havn't taken it but I've taken two northwestern english classes...