Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Ugh.

So I just got done watching a compelling Law and Order: SVU (one of my favorite shows!). It was about teenage drinking and at the end of the show it gave some shocking statistics:

TEENAGE DRINKING & DRIVING
2,449 youths under 21 were killed in alcohol-related traffic fatalities in 2005. That's an average of 7 deaths every day.

Eeep.

Having a baby changed my perspective on a lot of things, drinking being one of them. I now see M.A.D.D. in a whole new light and part of me wants to run for the president of that club (who knows if they even have a president? Eh, beside the point). I hope and pray Hailey never becomes a statistic like the one above and will do everything in my power to prevent it. I hope that in the future, alcohol never destroys the life of anyone I know.

1 comments:

kristine said...

I hear you - 100% It's a sad and nearly shocking statistic - unfortunately. We can start our own MADD organization and you can be the president!