Monday, June 9, 2008

Camel Spiders

So this isn't anything new, but I just heard about it and thought it worthy enough to share with those that also haven't heard about it. So apparently there are these creatures over in Iraq and that area called Camel Spiders. They are HUGE. One of the guys that goes to our church used to be a Marine and supposedly broke his rifle trying to kill one. These spiders (which actually aren't spiders, but are in the same family as scorpions) are nocturnal and prefer shade in the daytime. I guess they can run 10 mph and scream when they run. I would have nightmares for a long time if I was ever chased by one of these--ick, I'm getting shivers just thinking about it. Also, (again, supposedly, I haven't officially checked this out online, but heard from people), when they bite, they numb the area with a built in anesthetic of sorts, and since they are nocturnal, they apparently have been biting soldiers while they sleep at night. But that isn't the worst part, after they bite, they feast on the flesh. So some people wake up with chunks of skin missing. Great, huh? ICK!

1 comments:

kristine said...

back to this again....ewww ewww eww!