Thursday, August 14, 2008

Fitness

So I have caved and am going tonight to join LA Fitness. I had originally wanted to join Lifetime in Coon Rapids because my friend is a personal trainer there, but realistically, if I joined there, I wouldn't go often enough to get the Medica reimbursement because it is like 20 minutes away. So I'm joining the LA Fitness in Roseville. I want to join mostly for the pool so I can swim laps. I went online last night and found a swimming workout regiment and will be doing that. I also found online a neat mp3 player to wear while I'm swimming, so it doesn't get so boring. It is called Nu Technology DOLPHIN 1GB Waterproof MP3 Player. I'm pretty excited to try it out. I read reviews online, so I don't have exceptionally high expectations, but some music, regardless of the quality, is better than no music.
I think seeing all the olympic swimmers has motivated me to swim again. I loved being on the swim team in high school and was in the best shape of my life because it is really a full body workout - plus you don't sweat (well, at least you don't get sweaty)! So I'm going to go and try to lose my extra baby weight (yeah, I'm a procrastinator, it's been 2 years). Wish me luck!

4 comments:

kristine said...

I'm right there with ya hon! If I could affrod to koin a gym right now I would do it with you! We could be buddies!
I'm here to support you in any way I can! I'm in the same boat as you - yay to losing baby weight!!!

Steph said...

I get free guest passes, so I could bring you as my guest every once in a while!!

kristine said...

That could be fun!

kristine said...

I forgot to say good for you!