Monday, August 25, 2008

Fitness

So today I had a one hour complementary personal trainer session. I wasn't super excited to go and I thought it was going to be boring and I wouldn't like it. Well, it was kind of eye opening. I met with Dan and I told him I basically joined the gym to swim, but I also want to lose X amount of weight. He told me swimming wouldn't do it. Swimming is just cardio, it doesn't build muscle mass and on and on he went. So we had a little 15 - 20 minute session (I can't remember how long it was) and just worked on the legs. He kicked my ass. I have never felt that kind of a burn in my muscles in a looong time, if ever. I can't walk down the stairs without holding onto the railing for dear life. So I now have a personal trainer.

1 comments:

kristine said...

Good for you! This is exactly how I feel! I was trying to push the double stroller up a slope last night and my legs gave way and I almost went backward with the stroller - down the slope! David was also making me laugh in the car and I had to tell him to stop because my abs ached soo much! I am just doing the biggest loser dvd and it also kicked my ass! both times.