Friday, January 16, 2009

Losing weight, I mean being more active, I mean doing fun stuff...

So I have tried to lose weight for the past 3+ years with minimal success. I have failed out of several programs including weight loss services, self started schemes, and DVD's. I do really well for the first month, some times even several months, but then I get sidetracked and de-motivated. I see a little bit of success and then slack off thinking it's all going to be downhill from here. Yeah, look where that's got me...10 pounds later...

So one motivator for me right now is joining the military lifestyle, not just the military, the MARINES, where everyone and their brother is in super shape. I don't want to be the fat one out. Plus while Jordan is gone at OCS getting super duper in shape and losing what little weight he had to lose, I'm sitting at home. How awesome would it be to show up for his graduation 5, 10, 15 pounds lighter? That's my goal. No guarantees it is going to happen, which is why I didn't tell anyone about it (except here), not even Jordan. So as far as he is concerned, I'm going to stay the same. I guess for me, I don't want to be the chubby spouse while Jordan is a muscle machine. Plus I can do it for the health benefits.

I am also trying to eat healthier. I was SO BAD over the holidays. I ate SO much crap food and did not work out once. Needless to say I gained like 5 pounds. So yeah, I'm gonna really try to make up for it and eat better. One of my biggest problems is that I over eat. I love food; too much, pretty much like every other American. I have all the tools to lose weight, I just have a hard time putting them into practice when my stomach is thinking instead of my brain. I go on a food rampage. I am so a perfect candidate for a reality show..."Steph finally loses some weight"...I can see it now...haha.

So yeah, here is to the next ditch effort to lose some baby fat. (Yeah, Hailey is almost 2 1/2)

4 comments:

kristine said...

Way to go, Steph! I am here for you anytime you need it. Are you still going to LA Fitness?

Steph said...

Thanks Kristine!

No, no more LA for Steph, I canceled the membership after Jordan left. It is just to much work to go there right after work after picking up Hailey when the child care center closes are 8 pm. Not worth it.

kristine said...

Makes sense. I'd say lets workout together but I think 95% of the time we could do it, David would be here, too. You're always welcome to come over and swim if you want to..

Steph said...

Is it a bad thing that David would be there? What sort of work outs do you do? I am interested...