Wednesday, November 14, 2007

For the lack of Friday Fives...

So, because I know I won't do a Friday Five, I decided to find some other random questions online and do those instead...enjoy!


1. Do you feel the need to say something such as "There you go!" when handing something to another person? Yes, I'm not entirely sure why, maybe just to verbally acknowledge what I am physically doing, I dunno. Maybe it is just a habit. Or, if you hand something to someone in silence, sometimes they don't notice or they don't know exactly what you are doing or if you want them to take it or not, so saying something like "There you go" just reinforces your action and makes everyone feel better.

2. In reference to different regional slang, how do you describe the following things where you're from?

a.) An expensive item (for instance in MN, we use the term "spendy".)
Well, I am in MN and have used the word "spendy" before, though I think I use plain old "expensive" more.
b.) The place where you buy food
Grocery store, store, "out-to-eat," restaurant
c.) The fizzy stuff you generally drink from a can or bottle
pop

0 comments: