Sunday, May 4, 2008

Getting closer!!

This picture shows what we did last Saturday, very similar to lunging a horse.

So from now on I think there may be more posts about horses now that I am around them regularly, just a heads up :)

So I went to the ranch last Saturday and it was amazing. We didn't get to ride though, because it was so windy, the lady said that it might spook the horses because it can mess with their hearing. But I am going back next Saturday (instead of the Saturday after that because of graduation).

This time instead of riding, we took one of the horses (that happens to be for sale) named Al into the round pen and she taught me one of the ways to work a horse. It was amazing, just seeing how horses interact in such an intimate setting, and when being asked to work. This lady is so full of information and I am so grateful to have met her.

We talked about the possibility of me leasing a horse and just paying boarding costs, which is super great because her board is super cheap! She also told me she could take me to Fleet Farm and outfit me with everything I would need except a saddle for $100. Wow. I'm so excited. I have talked to Jordan about it and he is ok with it! So I might "have" a horse soon!

1 comments:

kristine said...

That would be awesome for you, Steph! I hope it all happens!